Saturday, September 15, 2018

How My Reading Has Changed This Year

 
As most readers, I have a Goodreads account and I participate in the Reading Challenge. Last year, I wanted to read 10 books and I did but I wanted to motivate myself to read more than that. This year, I decided to change my reading challenge to 20 books. 
 
I found myself thinking I wouldn't be able to reach this goal since I'm not a very fast reader, I like to dive in and take my time to process the stories I am reading. 
 
However, I decided to seek advice from fellow readers. I've been a member of a few book clubs but I have failed to participate in discussions as well as groups reads. I asked them for ideas and tips to be able to read more often and read faster. Through their answers, I realized that participating in the groups reads, starting or joining buddy reads and listening to audiobooks were really great options.
I began to participate in group reads and create a few buddy reads that have motivated me to read more and discuss with fellow readers about our adventure through the story.
 
I also began to get audiobooks from the library through their app (pictured) Overdrive which has helped me read through my books a lot quicker especially those books that intimidated me. So far, I have read 12 books and I have nearly finished with another one while I also have an audiobook for another book. 
 
I have used social media as well, I have joined readathons and I have had the opportunity to document my progress while interacting with other members of the book community. 
 
Overall, being a part of book clubs, buddy reads and readathons have improved my reading while giving me opportunities to expand friendships and be a part of the book community that I enjoy and love so much. When it comes to reading, seek advice within the community, it has made a difference with me.
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment